Inventory - MSS 294 - Jean Lafitte National Historical

The casino was built by Schwartz in 1881 and figured conspicuously as a place of high-class entertainment. It was here that Oscar Wilde lectured. This casino was situated 500 feet from the railroad terminus. Upon the expiration of its charter, the property was acquired by the New Orleans Terminal Company which sold it to the New Orleans Railway Company. A new and magnificent resort is rapidly After 1892 was a gambling casino, Jesuit retreat house and St. Agnes Church. Magnolia School since 1935. — — Map (db m125236) HM Louisiana (Jefferson Parish), Kenner — Belle Grove Cemetery — Established by the Good Shepherd Family Burial Society of Kenner, around 1860, by a group of African-American men for religious, benevolent and literary purposes. The organization was chartered on After 1892 was a gambling casino, Jesuit retreat house and St. Agnes Church. Magnolia School since 1935. — — Map (db m125236) HM: 42 Louisiana (Jefferson Parish), Kenner — Belle Grove Cemetery — Established by the Good Shepherd Family Burial Society of Kenner, around 1860, by a group of African-American men for religious, benevolent and literary purposes. The organization was chartered Bayou St. John, which runs through the park today, was part of a trade route commonly used by the Chapitoulas and the Houmas. After the French began to… 2 . General Beauregard Statue The monument to Confederate General G.T. Beauregard stood at the center of a busy traffic roundabout at the entrance to City Park. In the aftermath of the Charleston massacre of 2015, all symbols associated with May 1, 1995 - Harrah's New Orleans Casino grand opening; May 11, 1988 Cabildo fire; May 12, 1984 Louisiana World Exposition (World's Fair) opening day ; May 3, 1978 Extensive street flooding in New Orleans; May 31, 1958 Race screens are removed from NOPSI buses; May 8, 1995 Extensive street flooding in New Orleans; November 25, 1947 John Laroquette is born in New Orleans; November 29, 1972 1998 - 1999 - Casino & Fountain Restoration ~Rebirth: 2005-2010~ 2005 - Flooding After the Levees Broke; 13,000 Volunteers Invested over 66,000 Hours; 2006 - Train Runs Again; 2007 - Tree Replanting; 2007 - Amusement Park & Horses are Flying Again ~The People Behind the Names: Donors, Benefactors, and Patrons~ Mr. and Mrs. John F. Popp The Peristyle, the Casino building, Popp Bandstand, the first golf course and the Delgado Museum of Art were built in the park in the early 20th century. A master plan was commissioned in the The first known people to settle there were the Chapitoulas who lived in cypress huts which were abandoned and then used by the Biloxi tribe The Houmas also settled along the bayou. The Acolapissa tribe named the adjoining bayou (which would be known as Bayou Metairie) “Bayou Choupic” for the mud fish which inhabited it. A handful of colonists under French Rule (1699—1769) settled there Folder contains: fax regarding the Tunica Treasure and its proper conservation and preservation and assistance with the Fete du Blé (June 1992), fax invoice of expected expenditures (June 1992), copy of article “LA tribes’ casino construction near” from The Advocate (September 10, 1992), notes from meeting regarding a defined role of the tribe and NPS (July 1991), copy of article The Peristyle, the Casino building, Popp Bandstand, the first golf course and the Delgado Museum of Art were built in the park in the early 20th century. A master plan was commissioned in the

[index] [26235] [22796] [1479] [26751] [29065] [30216] [31838] [4232] [9994] [29854]

http://bitcoincasinoroulette.forexper.pw